Tuesday, June 26, 2012

MEANING (Elaboration) of LL.B, LL.M, LL.D

An LL.B is the award of the degree of Bachelor of Laws. LL.B is a Latin word. It stands for ‘Legum Baccalaureus’, signifying 'Bachelor of Laws. In Latin abbreviations, the plural form of a word is indicated by doubling the letter- hence ‘LL.’ is short for Laws.



LL.M is Latin abbreviation for 'Legum Magister', signifying 'Master of Laws'.

LL.D is Latin abbreviation for 'Legum Doctor', signifying 'Doctor of Laws'.

1 comment:

  1. I didn’t know that, that’s pretty cool. I am also going to pursue LLB once I clear the LSAT next year. If you have some suggestions for me, please feel free to share. I am actually doing my Online LSAT Prep and I think that I’ll be ready for the exam in February next year.

    ReplyDelete

Why a Policy on AI is Urgent for the Judiciary in Bangladesh

AI is being used all over the world in healthcare, medicine, business, engineering, education, law enforcement, military and even in various...